Hard Drive Shredding
Hard Drives are essentially the brain of your information operation. They house the data and information it takes to keep your company up and running. Hard Drives can be your biggest asset and biggest threat to information security. Did you know that hard drives can store information and data even after it is deleted from your machine? In a time when cyber crime is on the rise and data breaches can cause huge financial and legal headaches, it’s important to take the correct steps to protect your organization and clients.
Augusta Data Storage offers secure, NAID AAA Certified Hard Drive destruction services to help eliminate the possibility of your end-of-life electronics posing a risk to confidential information. With a new Ameri-Shred Corp HDS-1000 Hard Drive Shredder on site, helping you properly dispose of Hard Drives and other end-of-life electronic devices is now easier than ever. In addition to lowering your chances for a breach by securely destroying these items, Augusta Data Storage provides a secure chain of custody, records the serial number of each hard drive that is destroyed and provides a detailed Certificate of Destruction. We focus on creating an environmentally friendly destruction cycle, meaning these scrap commodities are then recycled to make new products or disposed of properly.
Sometimes, a good declutter is what every business needs. Unfortunately, many companies continue to store old business data in the event that they will need to reference it in the future. More often than not like a lot of things however, this never happens and instead of providing value to your company, hanging onto old hard drives and electronic media will actually do the complete opposite. Consider the space you are occupying through storage and don’t forget to also consider the security risks associated with keeping confidential data accessible in your workplace.
Like old business documents that stockpile in your office and eventually need to be shred for security reasons, electronic data should be treated in the same manner. Hard drives contain thousands of files that could potentially wreak havoc for your business if exposed unknowingly. Ensure you company, employees, and customers are protected from this security threat and turn to professional hard drive destruction solutions.
Why Professional Hard Drive Shredding?
Augusta Data Storage, Inc. Provides:
- Peace of Mind: Identity theft and fraud cases are occurring all the time, and without adequate protection, your electronic data may make its way to the wrong individual. Tossing old hard drives or recycling these prior to proper destruction, leaves your sensitive data extremely vulnerable. Professional destruction of your electronic data by Augusta Data Storage ensures you have peace of mind in knowing that there is no risk of a data breach, and that your electronic data is 100% protected.
- Space Savings: Most companies don’t have extra office space for unnecessary items. If you are storing hard drives in a room that is unsecured, you’re leaving your data susceptible to internal theft and/or exposure and using up space that could be used for valuable purposes. Have your electronic data destroyed professionally and enjoy the sense of security and additional space you regain in your storage room along with it!
- E-Waste Solutions for all Electronic Data: Hard drives are not the only thing we securely destroy. Do you have other electronic devices that you’re looking to dispose of safely? Our industry leading equipment is designed to handle the destruction of all of your data devices, from hard drives and cell phones, to monitors and CRT Devices. Each of these devices requires professional destruction to ensure data is permanently irrecoverable. We handle document and electronic destruction needs and perform our secure processes in one central spot, for the greatest flexibility to our clients!
- Protection and Reliability: While many assume that a “degaussed” hard drive is safe and clear of data, did you know that the data can actually be recovered? When a hard drive is formatted you don’t actually erase the data , you only eliminate the location in which the data is stored. With special software, the right individual can recover data from a degaussed hard drive. Secure hard drive shredding on the other hand, leaves no room for recovery. Data is destroyed permanently without any doubts.
- Compliance: Remember that there is vital legislation in association with data privacy that dictates how information needs to be maintained, stored, and shared, to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all parties involved. These laws are government mandated and typically vary based on industry. Privacy legislation such as HIPAA and FACTA makes it imperative that you are properly shredding sensitive data properly. Hard drive shredding is a practice that is addressed under these important business procedures.
Our process is as easy as One, Two, Three – and our machine is equipped to handle a variety of items from hard drives to memory boards, backup tapes, CD’s, accessories and more.
- Call Augusta Data Storage to pick up your items
- Augusta Data Storage will securely destroy at our on-site facility
- Finally, shredded items are recycled to make new products or disposed of safely and properly.